Certification of the consolidated financial statements pursuant to Article 154-bis, paragraph 5 of Legislative Decree No. 58/98 (Consolidated Finance Act)
- The undersigned Marco Alverà and Franco Pruzzi, as Chief Executive Officer and the Manager charged with preparing the financial reports of Snam S.p.A. respectively, certify, taking into account Article 154- bis, paragraphs 3 and 4 of Legislative Decree No. 58 of 24 February 1998:
• the adequacy, considering the Company’s characteristics, and
• the effective implementation of the administrative and accounting procedures for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements during the course of 2017.
- The administrative and accounting procedures for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements at 31 December 2017 were defined and their adequacy was assessed using the rules and methods in line with the Internal Control – Integrated Framework model issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organisations of the Treadway Commission, which represents a benchmark framework for the internal control system generally accepted at international level.
- It is also certified that:
3.1 The consolidated financial statements at 31 December 2017:
a) were prepared in accordance with the applicable international accounting standards recognised in the European Community pursuant to Regulation (EC) no. 1606/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 July 2002;
b) are consistent with the accounting records and ledgers;
c) are able to provide a true and fair view of the financial position, operating results and cash flows of the issuer and of the companies included in the scope of consolidation.
3.2 The Directors’ Report includes a reliable analysis of the operating performance and results, as well as the position of the issuer and of all the companies included in the scope of consolidation, together with a description of the principal risks and uncertainties to which they are exposed.
13 March 2018
The Chief Financial Officer
The Manager charged with
preparing the Company’s