Introduction and guide to reading the document
The Consolidated Non-Financial Statement (hereinafter also the “Non-Financial Statement”, “Declaration”, “Statement” or “NFS”) of the Snam Group constitutes a specific section of the Directors' Report-Integrated Report (hereinafter also Report on Integrated Management) and is drafted in compliance with the provisions of the Legislative Decree of 30 December 2016, no. 254 as subsequently supplemented (hereinafter also the “Decree”)46.
The NFS contains relevant data and information in relation to environmental, social and personnel-related issues, respect for human rights, and the fight against active and passive corruption. The relevance of the individual themes is defined taking into account the activities carried out and the characteristics of Snam47.
The reference scope of the information given in the NFS coincides with the scope of consolidation of the consolidated financial statements and includes:
- Corporate and other (Snam S.p.A. with the subsidiaries Gasrule Insurance Limited and Snam International BV);
- Transmission (Snam Rete Gas S.p.A., Asset Company 2, Infrastrutture Trasporto Gas S.p.A.);
- Liquefied natural gas regasification (GNL Italia S.p.A.);
- Storage (Stogit S.p.A.);
- Sustainable mobility and Biomethane (Snam4Mobility S.p.A., Cubogas, IES Biogas S.r.l. and Enersi Sicilia S.r.l.);
- Energy efficiency (Asset Company 4 S.r.l. and TEP Energy Solution S.r.l.).
Within the NFS, the data relating to the companies operating in the new businesses of sustainable mobility, biomethane and energy efficiency are aggregated into the business segment “Corporate and other activities”, in line with the information given in the consolidated financial statements.
The structure of the Snam Group, including foreign equity investments, is set out on page 3 of the Integrated Report on operations48.
The content of the NFS is integrated, where necessary or appropriate, with other information included in the Report on Integrated Operations, in the Report on Corporate Governance and Ownership Structures, and on the Company's Website (), which are identifiable and available for consultation following specific references49.
In order to standardise the reporting of data and information, as well as to facilitate the connection with each issue envisaged by the Decree, each area listed above has been divided into specific paragraphs divided into three sections dedicated respectively to:
- relevance of the theme and related risks generated or suffered;
- company policies and commitments and their implementation in management operations;
- relevant performance indicators to understand the results obtained in pursuing these commitments.
More specifically, this report has been prepared in accordance with GRI Standards50, the standard for non-financial reporting most used internationally, according to the core option. The results are reported with reference to the financial year ending 31 December 2018. The two previous years are also shown for comparison.
46 See Art. 5, paragraph 1 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 254 of 30 December 2016; Italian Law no. 145 of 30 December 2018, Art. 1073.
47 See article 3, paragraph 1 of the Decree no. 254 of 30 December 2016.
48 See article 4, paragraph 1 of the Decree no. 254 of 30 December 2016.
49 See article 5, paragraph 4 of the Decree no. 254 of 30 December 2016.
50 See article 3, paragraph 5 of the Decree no. 254 of 30 December 2016.